Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- House of CeCe’s – Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend
- 2-1/2 - 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- (thighs, drumsticks or breasts)
- Chicken: In a large bowl; add the rinsed chicken pieces and seasoning generously with the House of CeCe’s – Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. Set aside.
- Grill: Set up the grill for direct and indirect heat, with coals on one side. Oil the grill grate and heat until the oil is smoking.
- Grilling: Place the chicken onto the grill over the low-heat section. Place the dark meat closer to the flame and the white meat farther away. Place the breasts bone-side down, so the bone acts as a small roasting rack and the skin gets crispy. Cover the grill so it's like an oven, roasting the chicken slowly.
- After about 30 minutes, open the grill and turn the pieces over. Cover and cook for about another 15 minutes, until the skin is very crisp. The breasts will cook fastest. Use a meat thermometer to determine their internal temperature. Insert lengthwise and avoid the bone for the best reading. The temperature should be about 150 to 155 degrees F. (this period is for basting sauce, if desired).
- Crispy Skin: Place the chicken on direct heat to finish cooking through; this makes the skin extra crispy. If sauced, turn the chicken as needed to prevent it from burning. At about 160 degrees F, the chicken is finished. Remove it from the grill and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. The internal temperature will rise about 5 degrees while resting.